by Rene Caron
When I was a kid I said to myself
I'll be rich, I'll be great, be happy, shoot straight
When I was a kid I said to myself
I want it all or nothing...
For me it would rain red roses
wonders and miracles to meet
The world would always be changing poses,
but minding it's business, being itself.
And later I said I wanna understand-
see more, stay deft, keep what good is left
and later I said I dont want to be alone
yet be free...
For me it would rain red roses,
wonders and miracles to meet
and luck would open each door that closes,
like a hand from above, delivered with love
And now I say, rest don't rain
look out look up but dont ever give up
today I say I will not make do
I want it all or nothing...
For me it would rain red roses,
wonders and miracles to meet
I know now what to have or to hold on
make new from the old, and old into gold.